We Settle For Good and Good Isn't Enough



I don’t know about you, but I certainly have been guilty of settling for good vibes, good ideas, good projects, good visions, good relationships and so on. I know I am stating the obvious, but the problem with “the good” is, it isn’t bad. We can easily discern and avoid what is bad, but what also distracts us from greatness is a focus on things that are good, or even very good, but don’t make it to the level of greatness.

You see, it’s good and easy to fall for a smile, but sometimes it’s the darkest pieces that help love withstand the test of time. Wait for the one who falls for your scars. By scars, I’m talking of inside damage. I’m talking heartbreak and sadness and disappointment.

I’ve been battered, hit hard by my years. I’ve been poisoned by all the goodbyes floating under my bridge. I’ve been pounded against the filthy walls of dying romance and I’ve been stuck hard by the quick, flashing shanks of heartbreak and pain.

If you ask me, nothing can outshine a pretty face on the surface - and that’s the problem. Toned bodies, tight asses, yoga arms, six-packs that look like an alien have been busy building a railroad behind your belly - these are the things that so many of us peasants in the house of love have been dealing with for the last decade or so.

As I get older, I’m coming to terms about what I consider attractive in another person. I’m not saying that a stunning body isn’t a turn-on, because come on, it always is. But there’s got to be more than that if we want true love, isn't it?

I mean good love is okay but isnt enough and isn't great, we all deserve great love and l hope you find someone who gives you that. I hope you find someone who loves you and takes you somewhere nice and l dont mean lavish restaurants or on a costly vacation. I mean, l hope they take you to parts of yourself you haven't seen yet.

I hope they never drag your ankle first into your insecurities. I hope they don't shame you with the weapon of your past. I hope they trace your skin and show you where the light comes through.

I hope they make u feel wanted in the morning . I hope they light candles just to see clearly.  Hope they make you tell them of the places you've been, the rubble, the dirt, the barb wired people and what  it took for you to get here. I hope they carry u softly. I hope they take you somewhere nice.

I hope you find someone who finds beauty in your scars. l hope u find someone who never leaves you guessing. I hope u find someone who never hesitates to love you, who doesnt just give you pieces of their time but its entirety.

Hope you find someone who is your biggest supporter. Who doesn't seek attention but gives it in return. But most importantly, l hope you find all these things in yourself so that you can be ready for that type of love.



Comments

Popular Posts