Persistence triumphs talent



l just woke up this morning wondering why my parents gave me the name "PERSISTENCE". I mean, of all the names in this world they specifically chose that specific one. Within a few seconds I just saw myself smiling with gratitude in my heart because my name serves as a reminder that nomatter what l face in life l should keep pushing, because if something really matters to you, you will persist.

You see, nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not. In fact, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Being a genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

There is no doubt that most successful people have failed at one time or the other and some have failed many times. The difference between those who fail and those who succeed are the successful ones learn from their failed attempts and persist anyhow. They realize that failure is the road to achievement. Failure is simply a price we pay to succeed. 

David Schwarz in his book 'The magic of thinking big' says "Salvage something from every set back"

The truth is, we are complex creatures. Hope and anguish can coexist and still create something truly amazing. Persistence is that ability to maintain action regardless of your feelings. You press on even when you feel like quitting, until you achieve that important goal. I surprise myself everyday.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts